What is ReachU?
ReachU is a real-life learning tool to help U reach higher, deeper, and further as a person. There are two components to the program: education and hands-on experience.
Cost: uReach is a non-profit and ReachU students are expected to cover the costs of their program. You will be given the tools needed to help fundraise the cost and, in some cases, apply for grants and scholarships.
Cost is about $25 per day for housing, food, transportation, program facilitation, trip insurance ($4.50/day while traveling internationally). additional costs include activities and travel to San Diego (Baja), Managua (Nicaragua) or Ndola (Zambia). Some grants are available.
Locations: We have opportunities in Northern California (US), Baja California (Mexico), Nicaragua (Central America), and Zambia (Africa).
This year-long program takes students through the following aspects:
- June – July: 8-weeks as a SummerServe intern in Baja, Mexico (or other uReach location)
- 2- week break
- Mid-August – October: 10-weeks in urban centers in Northern California in mentoring, suicide prevention, and local church programs that serve youth.
- November: 4-weeks in Baja
- December: Break
- January – February: 4-6 weeks in Nicaragua working with water projects, education programs, and hosting teams
- February – mid-April: Northern California and Spring break trips to Baja
- Mid-April – May: 4-6 weeks in Zambia
The program includes directed learning and online education (at least 6 units per semester).
Estimated cost is $7500 plus credits. Fundraising tools, part-time work and grants are sources of funding.
Long-term residence in Northern California, Baja, Nicaragua, or Zambia. (Estimated cost varies)
A leadership position aimed at becoming staff with uReach/StudentReach, another Non-Profit, non-governmental organization (NGO), service-oriented church, or missions agency. (Estimated cost varies)